Saturday, January 15, 2011

One Year Old! March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Caleb. Happy Birthday to you.

I can't believe it is your birthday. I can't believe you are one year old. I can't believe its been a year since you changed our world. I can't believe it has only been a year. I can't believe how much you have changed and grown. I can't believe how amazing you are.

In case you haven't figured it out, today is your first birthday. We had your party yesterday at Nana and Granky's house (even though they are still in Florida.) It was a great day. You were surrounded by friends and family and they all spoiled you rotten! You got lots of new toys and clothes and "ate" your "first" piece of cake. "Ate" meaning you smashed it and smushed it and generally just made a mess. "First" because people have been slipping you bits of cake for a while now, despite Mommy's protests!

While we were planning for your party, Daddy came up with a pretty great idea. You are a very lucky boy in lots of ways and have tons of stuff, so there really was nothing you needed for presents. Instead, we asked your party guests to make a donation in your name to the Make A Wish Foundation to help other kids who need it. We are hoping this will be a tradition that will continue for all your birthdays and when you are big enough, you can pick where the donation goes. I can wait to see what you pick.

Happy Birthday, sweet boy. I hope you enjoyed your special day! I know I sure did. Love you lots!

No comments: