Sunday, August 30, 2009

Love To Eat Turkey!

Dear Caleb,

As I have said a few times before, you have always been a good eater! After starting cereal and fruits at four months, there was no holding you back.  By seven months, you were eating real fruits and veggies, from there yogurt, oatmeal soon followed and by 8 months, you were eating real meals! As I watched you eat and enjoy all the new foods we sent your way, I began to wonder how you would enjoy your first thanksgiving dinner.  No food from the jar for you, you were having turkey!

And turkey you did have! You sat at the table in your high chair and Nana and Granky's and ate EVERYTHING! Turkey, potatoes, squash, stuffing, cranberries and gravy.  You had a bit of it all. You made a HUGE mess, but seemed to enjoy each and every bite.  You mostly fed yourself and Daddy and I just sat next to you and watched the show.  You even finished it up with a bit of apple and pumpkin pie.  Your Aunts, Uncles and Cousins couldn't get over you eating such a big meal, but I knew you would love it. After all, it is Daddy and I's favorite meal! Then, like any good American, you followed it all up with a nice long nap!

Just writing this is making me hungry.  I can't wait until your next Thanksgiving!

No comments: