Sunday, August 30, 2009

What do you get when you cross a turkey, a lion and a pony?

Hi Caleb,

When Dad and I were in California, we received a picture message from Nana with the text "can I be a turkey for Halloween?" I wasn't quite sure what that meant, and couldn't see the picture too well, so I replied sure and didn't think much more of it.  In September, I started to think about what you should be for your first Halloween. Nana reminded me that you had a costume all ready, and got the Turkey out of the closet.  A little strange for Halloween, but I tried it on you and it was so cute, I couldn't resist. My little man was going to be my little turkey!

As the day got closer, however, others got into the action. My friend Sheri gave us a bag of clothes and in there was a lion costume her son had worn.  Then Abba showed up one day with a pony costume.  Lucky boy, you now had THREE Halloween costumes! And I had a decision to make.  Which should you wear?

We decided to go with the Turkey for Halloween itself, since we would be spending the night with Nana.  We all went to Auntie Erin's.  Dillan was dressed as Curious George and he loved his costume. As a matter of fact, he wore it for about a week after Halloween was over! Andrew was a pumpkin and cute as could be.  Quite the trio, you were! Auntie Erin, Nana and I stayed at Auntie's to hand out candy while Uncle Sean and Daddy took you and Dillan out trick or treating. They pulled you around the neighborhood in Dillan's wagon and I think you had a good time! Once you got back, we had some pizza and just enjoyed the nice night!

The next day, we headed to NH to Auntie Mazie's for their annual bonfire.  This is one of our favorite nights of the year and we were so happy to bring you with us. For this party, you wore the pony costume and you looked adorable! The weather was a little cold, so you spent most of the night inside playing with Jake and his cousin Cameron. You did spend some time sitting with Dad and Auntie Lauren by the fire late in the night and man, did you like that fire! You just stared at it, watched it, so content in Dad's lap!

No candy for you on your first Halloween, and you never did wear the lion costume, but plenty of fun for sure! I know they will just get more and more fun as you get bigger!

No comments: