Monday, June 30, 2008

Cluster Feeding!

Dear Caleb,

You were a very skinny baby. By the time we took you home from the hospital, you were only 6 pounds! Your size, however, was no reflection on how much you ate! For the first 6 weeks of your life, we were feeding all the time. Morning, noon, night! You almost never went more that 1.5 hours without having a snack. Many, many times I thought I must be doing something wrong, because you never seemed full. Nana and Auntie Erin suggested that I should try some formula to fill you up, but I was determined to keep nursing. Your weight gain was slow, but you were gaining. More important, you were happy and healthy! As long as that was the case, I didn't want to make the change. Plus, the nursing gave us an excuse to spend lots of time cuddling on the couch while Daddy waited on us!

No comments: