Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back to Work :(

Hi Caleb,

When I found out you were due at the end of March, I was pretty psyched. Being a teacher, I couldn't have timed it better. If you came when you were due, or after, I would not have to go back to work until September. Six whole months to spend time with you. But you came a week early. So I have to go back to work. For three whole days.

I'm pretty bummed about this work thing. Daddy doesn't have much sympathy and I can see his point. Its only three days and then I have the summer off. There won't be any kids around because exams are over. My principal said I could come and go as I needed to. Nana volunteered to watch you. It could be so much worse, but that's not the point. I'm not sad about going to work- I like my job. I'm sad because it means my maternity leave is over, that that period of time has ended. It means you are getting bigger and don't need me quite as much. It means someone else is going to get to spend the time with you that's usually OUR time. It means I have to leave you for longer that a couple hours. Sucky.

I know you'll have fun with Nana, and I know I'll survive. But don't do anything too cool while I'm gone. I'll be home as soon as I can.

No comments: