Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rugged Mountain Men.

Cal,

I love to hike. I especially love to hike with Daddy. I'm not sure that Daddy loves to hike. As a matter of fact, I don't even know that Daddy LIKES to hike. Its usually hot, often buggy and very frequently we get lost. Those things don't really bother me, making it to the top makes them worth it. I'm not sure Daddy feels the same. But he hikes with me because he knows I love it. And because I love it, I couldn't wait to take you hiking. So today, memorial day, at barely 3 monts old, you went on your first hike. Daddy carried you in the sling. You were the most popular guy on the mountain, everyone we saw commented on how cute you were, even though you are so small you could barely be seen over the carrier. It wasn't too hot and we didn't get lost. Your first hike was a success and I can't wait to do it again!

On a side note, carrying you in the carrier makes Daddy very hot. When he gets hot, he sweats. Also, you tend to drool a bit. The combo of sweat and drool made Daddy's shirt very wet. That didn't bother you, though. You spent a lot of the time trying to lick the moisture off of Daddy's shirt. Pretty gross, but very funny.

No comments: