Saturday, August 2, 2008

Psst... Wanna hear a secret?

Hi Cal,

I have a confession to make. Don't tell Daddy! You are about 6 weeks old right now, and you still aren't sleeping through the night. You are, however, going for longer stretches- sometimes four or five hours. That makes me think that it won't be long before you start sleeping all night. That makes me sad because my secret is that I really, really like the nighttime feedings. You sleep in the basinette next to our bed, and when you wake, I take you to the rocking chair in your room and feed you and rock you. Sometimes, I hold you long after you fall asleep. I'm tired and I like to sleep, but I really love the quiet time with you, when I can just look at you and talk quietly to you. I love how content you get when I feed you. I love that I can do that for you because I am the mommy. I know when you start sleeping through the night, I'll be glad for the rest, but I'll miss our late night visits. So, it's okay if you don't sleep through the night quite yet. No rush!

Let's not tell Daddy about this. I like the sympathy that sleepless nights gets me!

No comments: