Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mornings with Dad.

Hi Cal,

I am not a morning person. I like to sleep late. Your dad, however, is an early bird. He likes to get up way before I do. This works out well, in my opinion. I am up a lot in the night feeding and changing you. He gets up with you from 6 o'clock on, which gives me a chance to sleep for a few hours while the two of you play in the living room. Usually, I sleep during this time, but sometimes I wake up. And spy. Yup, you heard right. I spy on you and Daddy.

The reason I spy is because I love to see you and Daddy together. You are such a little version of him and he loves you so much. I love to watch him play with you and to see him smile at you. Even just seeing you lay on the couch with him makes me happy. I know you two are going to have so much fun in the years to come!

So, yeah, I love my sleep. But somedays I'm willing to trade it to watch you and Dad together. Its worth missing sleep over.

No comments: